There’s something about the onset of cooler weather that makes you want to stay home and hibernate, standing in front of a purring stove, cooking deeply layered delights whilst the windows fog up and the warmth of your kitchen softens the wintry chills outside.
This hearty breakfast is a classic wintery warmer and a wonderfully tasty, fluffy and delicate in flavour dish that will soothe the soul and warm you from the inside out.
A simple home cooked breakfast will nurture and heal the body and supercharge you for the day ahead. You’ll be starting your day off on the right foot with this delicious porridge and by adding almond milk and apple, you’ll be fuelled with essential protein and vitamins and enough energy to sail through until lunchtime.
Quinoa Porridge with Cinnamon and Apple
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed)
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 drops stevia liquid concentrate
- 1 TBS coconut oil or butter
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- Almond milk to serve
- Bring 2 cups of water to boil in a wide saucepan
- Add quinoa, sea salt, cinnamon, stevia and coconut oil or butter
- Bring to the boil; now add apple and cover, reducing heat to let it simmer for 12 minutes
- Remove from heat and spoon into a breakfast bowl adding almond milk to taste
For more gluten, wheat, dairy, yeast and sugar-free recipes visit http://www.superchargedfood.com